How to make a complaint

At Beam Energy, we’re committed to making sure you receive an excellent service from us and we strive hard to get things right first time for our customers. However, we know that occasionally we may get things wrong. If we do, let us know and we’ll make sure we put things right for you quickly.

View our Guaranteed Standards of Performance 

If, however, you do decide to make a complaint about any aspect of our service, we’ll take your complaint seriously, work hard to resolve the problem and learn from your feedback to improve the way we deliver our services in the future. We’ll also keep you informed throughout the complaint process, so you know what is happening every step of the way.


Tell us if there’s a problem

If there’s a problem with the delivery of your gas or electricity, or you’re unhappy with any aspect of our service please tell us by:


Resolving your complaint

To resolve your complaint, we will:

  • Give you an explanation about what went wrong
  • Do everything we can to put things right, typically within four weeks but we will contact you if it is likely to take longer
  • Apologise if we have made a mistake
  • Offer you compensation if it’s appropriate. As we are a not for profit company, we are different to other energy suppliers and will only pay compensation where financial harm has been caused by us or our business partners.

If you’re still not happy

We’ll talk to you about how we can work together to sort it out. You can also ask us to undertake an internal review of how we are handling your complaint.

We’ll work hard to try and get a result that you’re happy with, but if you’re not, we’ll look into things again and you’ll receive what is called a ‘final response’ (also known as a deadlock letter).

This stage means that we haven’t been able to resolve things for you. In the letter, we’ll recap what’s happened, what we’ve suggested and give you contact details for the Energy Ombudsman should you wish to take it further.

Our complaints procedure

Independent Advice

Tabbed content

The Energy Ombudsman

This is an independent organisation that offers a free service to help resolve things between us once you’ve had our final response (or eight weeks since you complained if we still haven’t fixed things).

They will make their decision, and if you agree, we have to act on what they say. This may mean we have to apologise, explain what has gone wrong, correct the problem or give you a financial award. You do not have to accept their decision.

Citizens Advice Bureau

For free, impartial, energy advice you can contact the Citizens Advice Bureau. They can give you support if you have problems paying your energy bills, choose the tariff that’s right for you and your circumstances, and compare energy suppliers. They can also help you to know your consumer rights.

For free, confidential and impartial advice visit the citizens advice energy page. You can call them on (England) 03444 111 444 or (Wales) 03444 77 20 20. You can also call the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0345 404 0506 or fill in their energy query form. You can do any of this at any point during the complaints process.

Scroll to top of the content