We know that moving home can be very stressful for you and your family. We can easily arrange to supply gas and/or electricity to your new home if we cover your area.
Just follow our 5 steps:
1. Tell us when you’re moving
Simply call us on 0800 953 4555 between Monday and Friday, 8am to 8pm and Saturday, 9am to 5pm or send us an email. Tell us when you are moving out, where you’re moving to and if you’d like to take us with you. We can then discuss how we can supply your gas and electricity in your new home.
2. Give us your meter reading on the day you move out
Send us your final meter reading on the day you move out, so we can send you an accurate bill. If you don’t give us a reading, we’ll have to estimate your final bill which may not be accurate.
3. Receive your closing bill
You’ll receive a closing bill from us once we receive the meter reading from your old home.
4. Send us your first meter reading
It’s important to take a gas and electricity meter reading on the day you move into your new home so you’re not paying for someone else’s energy.
If the energy at your new home is provided by a different energy supplier, we can help you find out which supplier it is so you can easily switch back to us.
5. We’ll confirm your switch over date
We’ll confirm the date from which we’ll become your energy supplier for your new home.
Moving to a house with a Pay As You Go meter
If you’re moving to a house that already has a gas or electricity Pay As You Go (PAYG or prepayment) meter, you will need to contact us so that we can set up your account and send out your own PAYG card or key. If you use the Pay As You Go card used by the person living there before, any money you pay could be added to their account instead of yours.
If you’re moving to a property without a PAYG meter, we advise you to contact our Customer Service Team who can advise you further.
The information we’ll need from you
We will ask you for the information listed below:
- A meter reading from the property you’re leaving. These should be taken on or close to the date that you leave the property.
- How much debt or credit is on your meter.
- The meter serial number – it’s on the front of your meter next to the barcode and looks something like: X00L12345.
- Your new address and the date you’re moving.
- The meter readings from the property you move into. These should be taken on or close to the date that you move into the property.
Where to find your new meter readings
You will need to use the buttons on the front of the Pay As You Go meter in your new house, to get your meter readings.
Write down what’s displayed on the screen and then contact our Customer Service Team on 0800 953 4555 between Monday and Friday, 8am to 8pm and Saturday, 9am to 5pm, and we’ll set up a new account for you.
Once this is completed, we can send a new key or card to you by post or we’ll give you a unique reference number (URN) that you can use to pick up your new key/ card from a local outlet. This may not be the usual outlet you use to top up your Pay As You Go key or card.