We want to ensure that all our customers receive the best possible service to meet their needs. If you have special requirements, you can add your details to the Priority Services Register. This is a list of customers who may need additional support.
You can qualify for our Priority Services Register if you:
- are of pensionable age
- have a disability
- have long term health issues
- are a vulnerable customer, for example, if you can’t top up your prepayment meter due to injury
Free services available to customers on our Priority Services Register
- let you know about service changes or cuts through personalised contact – either email or a call. This is so you have the resources to cover any equipment you may need.
- provide a quarterly meter reading service if no one in your home is able to read the meter and inform you of the reading
- agree a password you can use to identify any person working for us or for your gas or electricity network company, so you feel safe before they come into your home
- send your bill or statement to any person you nominate, if that person agrees to receive it for you
If your meter is difficult to access and you can’t read it or insert your payment card/key, we may be able to arrange for the meter to be relocated.
If you have sight and/or hearing difficulties
We provide for free:
- bills and statements in large print or Braille for customers who choose this service
- advice and support to customers who are deaf or have hearing difficulties as long as you have the necessary equipment installed
Helping you feel safe
We take your safety seriously. If someone comes to your door who says they’re from Beam Energy, here are some things you can do to make sure they are a member of our staff or one of our representatives:
- Ask to check their ID and look at it carefully. Our representatives always carry identification cards and won’t mind you asking.
- Call us on freephone 0800 953 4555 before you let them in and we’ll check their details.
- If you are a priority services customer, you can register for our free password scheme. Choose a password (make sure it’s something no one else can guess) and call us on 0800 953 4555. Let us know what it is, and we will make sure anyone from Beam Energy visiting your home can confirm it with you.
Additional help and support
Action on Hearing Loss
This is largest charity supporting people who are deaf, have a hearing loss or suffer from tinnitus. Contact them for free information on equipment that could help you.
They provide advice for older people on money, care, health, housing and more.
Citizens Advice provides free, independent advice, whether you’re looking for a better deal, want to make a complaint, would like help paying your bills or want to read up on your rights as an energy customer.
Disability Rights UK
This organisation promotes independent living for disabled people as well as giving support to carers.
- Website: disabilityrightsuk.org
The Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB)
RNIB offers information, support and advice to people with sight loss.
Royal Voluntary Service
The Royal Voluntary Service provides practical help and emotional support to help older people remain an active, independent part of the community.
They work to make the world a better place for disabled people and their families.