How to switch
Switching to us is easy and hassle free.
- Get a quick quote or call us on freephone 0800 953 4555 between Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm and Saturday, 9am to 5pm. There is no obligation for you to join us when you get a quote.
- We will tell you how much you can save and give you the option to switch.
- If you sign up with us, we’ll contact your supplier for you and move you onto your chosen tariff.
Why become a customer?
With Beam Energy as your supplier, you’ll enjoy lots of great benefits:
- Fair energy rates – we offer some of the cheapest rates in the market
- No default tariffs – if you’re on one of our fixed tariffs, we’ll contact you when it ends and help you find the best tariff for you
- Ongoing support – we tell you what our cheapest tariff is on your monthly bill
- Freephone number so you can call our UK-based Customer Service Officers if you need help
- Straightforward billing and direct communications
- Discounts for customers who manage their account online (not for Pay As You Go or prepayment customers)
- Warm Homes Discount Scheme for eligible customers
- 100% green electricity
How long it takes
Usually it takes between three to six weeks in total to switch. This includes a 14 day cooling-off period once you agree a contract with us. This means you can change your mind in those 14 days if you want to.
Your energy supply will not be affected by the switching process. We guarantee there will be no disruption to your supply.
We contact your current supplier
We arrange the switch for you. We will contact your current supplier for you and arrange for you to be moved onto your chosen Beam Energy tariff.
Owing your current supplier
Your current supplier may object to you leaving them if you have a bill outstanding for more than 28 days or owe them money. They must let you know within a few days why they object and what needs to be done. We can help and support you throughout this process.
Changing you mind
You can cancel your contract within 14 days (cooling-off period) by getting in contact with us. You don’t have to give us a reason for cancelling your contract.
We know that the different types of tariffs can be confusing. We’ve tried to explain all the important points which will help you decide which tariff is best for you.
Smart meters make it easier for people to control the energy they use. They also allow Pay As You Go (PAYG) customers to top up their meter online or over the phone and helps them switch easily to other tariffs.
Warm Homes Discount Scheme
We offer the Warm Homes Discount Scheme for customers in the ‘core group’. If you receive Pension Credit, you can get £140 as a one-off discount on your electricity between September 2018 and March 2019. Find out more about this and other discount schemes and if you qualify.
Customers with special requirements
We want to ensure that all our customers receive the best possible service to meet their needs. We can give you extra help for free and add you to our Priority Services Register if you:
- are of pensionable age
- have a disability
- have long term health issues
- are a vulnerable customer, for example, if you can’t top up your prepayment meter due to injury
Helping you feel safe
We take your safety seriously. If someone comes to your door saying they’re from Beam Energy, here are some things you can do to make sure they are a member of our staff or one of our representatives:
- Ask to check their ID and look at it carefully. Our representatives always carry identification cards and won’t mind you asking.
- Call us on freephone 0800 953 4555 before you let them in and we’ll check their details.